An updated chevron tutorial! Yay! My technique has not changed, but my posing and photo quality has. :)
- After painting base coat and your base color, wait for it to be completely dry and hardened. To speed up the tape manicure process, use a fast drying top coat, such as Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.
- Double up on tape to prevent tearing during removal. Using pinking craft scissors (I've purchased multiple brands from Micheal's and Target for $1), align the zigzags to achieve a consistent pattern.
- Apply the tape on to the dry polish, taking care to properly align the zigzags.
- Paint over the entire nail with one or two quick coats of your second polish color.
- Remove the tape directly after painting.
- After the polish is completely dry, add a top coat to create a smooth finish.
For this look, I used Essie "Mint Candy Apple' and Deborah Lippmann True Blood "New Flesh".